Updated 25th May 2018 to comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GPDR).
This policy is applicable only to the actions of doodlums.com and you as the user of this web site. It does not extend to any other web sites that can be accessed from doodlums.com. This also includes any links we may provide on social media websites.
doodlums.com is for the purposes of this web site the the data controller I.e. doodlums.com controls and determines the purposes and the way in which your data is processed.
Data we collect
doodlums.com may collect the following data which may include personal data from you:
2. Contact information
3. Demographic information
4. IP address
5. Web Browser type and version
6. Operating System
doodlums.com uses affiliate services such as Amazon and Google Adsense plus google analytics to track and analyse visitors to the site. As such we place adverts, links and tracking code on the site and these third party services collect data which we can use to analyse and improve our services to you the user.
If you sign up to the doodlums.com Newsletter you supply your e mail address and in some cases your name. This is automated through third party web mail services through which we send out the newsletter.
How this data is collected:
doodlums.com collect data from a variety of sources:
1. Directly from you – when you contact us via e.mail, post, social media or telephone. When you sign up for the doodlums.com Newsletter.
2. From other sources – Amazon, google Analytics and google Adsense. These are third party affiliate and analytical service providers.
3. Automatic data collection – carried out by Amazon, Google Analytics and Google Adsense using cookies in line with the cookie settings on you computer browser.
What do we use your data for?
Our objective is to constantly improve the web site to give you the best experience possible. By analysing data it helps to make those improvements. We may use data for the following purposes:
1. To maintain records such as the newsletter subscribers.
2. To improve our services and products. e.g. We can see through Google Analytics which are the most popular posts and subject matter. This helps us to provide more relevant articles based on visitors preferences.
3. To transmit the doodlums.com newsletter which contains information on new content, competitions and marketing.
4. We may use your data for legitimate purposes only. If you are not satisfied with this arrangement you have the right to object. (See your rights below).
5. For direct marketing delivery via e.mail your consent is required. There are two methods to achieve this either an ‘opt in’ or an ‘opt out’ option. Where you have previously engaged with us (such as signing up to the Newsletter) we will take your consent as already given unless you decide to opt out which can be done by unsubscribing to the newsletter or contacting us directly. For all other types of e.mail marketing we will specifically ask for your consent.
6. If you are not satisfied with our marketing system you can withdraw your consent at any time (see your rights below).
7. Your data may be used to show you other content on other web sites and adverts specifically fro doodlums.com If you do not wish to see adverts specifically served for you please turn off the relevant cookies on your computer (see ‘cookies’ below for more information).
Data is generally held on secure third Party sites such as Amazon Associates, Google Adsense and Google Analytics.
The doodlums.com web site has a SSL certificate and is on a dedicated secure server.
Any data used for processing or research by doodlums.com is located on encrypted local servers and not stored on any unsecured device.
In the unlikely event of a breach of Data We have measures in place to deal with any suspected incident. If you suspect that there has been any unauthorised access to your personal data please contact doodlums.com immediately via the sites contact page.
Retaining your data
We will only retain your data for as long as the time necessary to fulfil its purpose unless there is a legal reason to retain data for longer/specific periods. After deletion there may be legal, tax or regulatory requirements to archive the information.
Your statutory rights are:
1. Access – The right to request copies of information we hold on you.
2. Correct – The right to have your data amended if it is incorrect or incomplete.
3.Object – The right to object to our use of your data.
3. Erase – The right to request that we delete or remove your data.
4. Restrict – The right to block the use of or limit the use of your data.
5. Data portability – The right to request to copy, move, or transfer your data that we hold.
To make any enquiry or exercise any of your rights please email us directly through the sites contact page.
If you are unsatisfied with the way in which we process a complaint made by you in respect of your data you have recourse to the relevant data protection authority. In the UK this is the Information Commissioners office (ICO) https://ico.org.uk
External links to other web sites
All cookie use on this site is UK and EU compliant .
Before placing cookies on your computer the website will request your consent which you can either confirm or deny. If you chose to deny certain functionality and features of the web site may not be fully functional.
There are four main types of cookies that we may place on our web site:
1. Strictly necessary – required for the operation of our web site.
2. Analytical – allowing us to view the number of users and how they use the site.
3. Functional – Used to recognise returning visitors.
4. Targetting – Track your visit, pages viewed and links followed.
These cookies allow us to improve the site both with content and visual experience.
Google’s use of the DART cookie enables it to serve ads to doodlums.com visitors based upon their visit and other sites on the Internet.
Always keep your browser up to date with the latest version to give yourself the best user experience.
doodlums.com is owned by Rob Nesbitt – Nezzy design, Bramble house, 28 Clos Cae Pwll, Nelson, Caerphilly County Borough, CF46 6LA, South Wales UK